The H Foundation and Goombay Bash were created over a cocktail called the Goombay Smash. It started with a few friends with entrepreneurial spirit who decided to make a difference in the fight against cancer. In 2001, we threw our first Goombay Bash under the disguise of a casual Caribbean-style festival. Since then, Goombay Bash has grown to become one of the largest and liveliest cancer research fundraising events in Chicago!
It’s a party with meaning, but it is also the party of the summer. We host 1,000+ guests at Chicago’s Navy Pier at a tropical party where everyone wears Hawaiian shirts and leis while raising money for cancer research.
Goombay Bash Starts In
15th Annual Goombay Bash
Saturday, July 18, 2015 5:00 p.m. - Midnight
Navy Pier Grand Ballroom, Chicago
A Caribbean Festival to Find a Cure for Cancer
All Proceeds Benefit Basic Science Cancer Research at the Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center of Northwestern University.
• Celebrity Emcee: LaRoyce Hawkins, Actor, NBC's Chicago PD
• Celebrity Guests
• Live Auction with One-of-a-Kind Packages
• Silent Auctions with 200+ Packages
• Live Drawing of $10,000 Raffle Prize
• Instant Win Raffles and Chance to Win "Best of Live Auction" Package
• Gourmet Buffet & Cash Bar
• Fireworks Finale
• On-site Marketing Opportunities
• Casual Attire, Hawaiian Shirt Optional
$150 General Admission, $250 VIP*
*Includes premium seating and VIP Concierge to assist you & your guests with all of your event night needs.
Event Tickets On Sale Now!
Purchase Event Tickets »